More than 400 entrepreneurs, company executives, investors, scientists, researchers and lawmakers in the life sciences industry came together for the 2015 Annual BioFlorida Conference last month. The BioFlorida Annual Conference continues to be the ideal forum in the state to network, make valuable connections with industry elite and help grow life science businesses.
Conference Recap - The Conference featured innovative programming led by industry executives, scientific experts and public policy officials from Florida and around the country.
- Program - Two-day program featured scientific advancements, business achievements and public policy debates in life sciences
- Breakout Sessions - The Conference addressed distinct areas of innovation and opportunity for Florida’s life science industry such as immuno-oncology, precision medicine, medical technology, regenerative medicine, digital health topics, space research and traumatic brain injury
- NEW BioPitch Format - Seed and early stage companies benefited from a newly-enhanced BioPitch format that provided the opportunity to present their business plans and financing requests to a panel of investors. The 2015 BioPitch winner was Admetsys, a company that has developed the first fully-automated glucose control system specifically for the needs of hospital and surgical care.
- Talks - Attendees gained insights from industry experts on how to grow their business with dedicated sessions on business development, reimbursement, licensing and regulatory topics
- Awards - Four prestigious awards were given out to recognize and celebrate the most successful and growing companies, universities and research institutions in the state
• Executives and entrepreneurs from emerging and established life sciences companies
• Scientists, researchers, technology transfer employees and administrative staff from university and research institutions
• Life science investors, VCs and angels
• Federal and state lawmakers
• Economic development agencies
• Service providers
We look forward to seeing you next year in Jacksonville October 9-11, 2016. Please mark your calendar for these important dates and deadlines.